Monday, February 04, 2013

Painting with light

The Hayward Gallery’s new exhibition Light Show opened in London last week, and it is as spectacular as I’d expected. Reviews have been generally good so far. I have an essay on light technology and its uses in art in the exhibition catalogue, and have just posted an augmented version of that on my website here. The exhibition runs until 28 April, and is well worth a visit if you’re in town.

On a not unrelated issue, I have an article in New Scientist this week on art and image-making using caustics and related optics. I was hoping this might be accompanied by an online gallery of ‘caustic art’ images, which would have been spectacular – but sadly this didn’t prove possible. Those images, however, and others are in an extended version of the article that I have also posted on my website here.

No comments: